Business Development Manager
A bit about Talkoot
Talkoot is an intuitive-to-use product information management (PIM) system that combines AI-enabled product content automation with product information management, giving modern brands everything they need to get their product content to market faster.
You’ll have the chance to grow a proven, loved, but not yet widely known SaaS solution with an established user base from some of the world’s most loved brands, including adidas, Burton, Herschel, Danner, Under Armour and more. Given that we are a startup, this is an environment where new ideas are welcome and you can freely express and test them. You will be working directly with every member of our team, including the CEO, to help grow our business and improve our solution.
We are a hardworking but supportive team that encourages personal ownership, initiative, and professional growth. We are looking for a talented, determined and energetic Business Development Manager who can consistently identify, engage, and close new opportunities
How You’ll Contribute
As a Business Development Manager at Talkoot, you will play a key role in helping us expand our brand awareness and land some of the world’s most-loved brands. You will identify and research lead and account targets, develop human-centered outreach campaigns for prospecting, and bring those leads all the way from qualification to close. If you’re excited about the opportunity to help build a growing startup through trial and error, pivoting to find what works best, we want to hear from you!
- Drive all aspects of sales cycle, from prospecting to high-level demos to closing.
- Research target accounts, refine buyer personas, identify business needs, and establish new contacts, then use that insight to design highly effective account-based marketing (ABM) campaigns.
- Create and execute ABM programs end-to-end (including direct email outreach, social engagement, etc.) and share learnings on a weekly basis.
- Collaborate with sales & marketing leaders to produce targeted outreach campaigns that drive demand in our key accounts – making a genuine impact on influencers, decision makers, budget holders, and stakeholders.
- Develop and validate new strategies for prospecting and outbound efforts.
- Become a Talkoot expert who can effectively relay our value proposition, ROI & customer success stories to drive interest and start conversations.
- Attend occasional conferences with 1-2 team members to increase brand awareness and create additional opportunities by meeting in-person.
- Effectively manage a high volume of inbound and outbound activity, from emails and DMs to phone calls and meetings.
- Maintain up-to-date status on all prospects, including notes within Zoho CRM, and help refine process for managing information.
- Use your frontline knowledge of our target audience’s needs to educate the broader team on new learnings and additional business opportunities.
- 3-5 years of customer-facing sales experience
- Consistent and proven track record of success in closing business by creating and maintaining a pipeline for opportunities
- Experience working with CRM-like tools
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Interest and curiosity in ecommerce and how it’s changing
- Flexible nature with an ability to shift and adapt based on company priorities
- Self-starter mentality with the ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively in a remote setting
- Willingness to travel for occasional business conferences
Nice to Have
- Previous experience in SaaS environment
- Understanding and awareness of product copy production, process and workflow
Talkoot is a small company with a big vision. As we grow we are focused on creating a supportive environment with a set of incentives you won’t find anywhere else:
+ Loads of flexibility.
+ 5 weeks vacation for all (plus 10 holidays).
+ Shares of the company – you will get to own a piece of Talkoot.
+ Bonuses for meeting sales targets.
+ A bunch of fun, hardworking coworkers you’re pretty much guaranteed to like.
+ The chance to tell your kids and grandkids that you helped a small startup turn into a pretty big deal.
+ Work from home. We have an office in Hood River, OR, but most employees work remotely. We have employees in Portland, Seattle, Texas and Mexico.
+ If you are in the office, we’re dog friendly.
+ Direct input into the growth and trajectory of Talkoot. You’ll help shape the success of the company.
+ Complimentary memberships to TalkSpace (online mental health therapy) & One Medical (on-demand primary care).
Of course, we also provide:
+ A competitive salary.
+ Medical, dental and vision insurance plans.
+ Life Insurance and Short & Long Term Disability.
How to apply
Send your resume to [email protected]
We can’t wait to hear from you!
Talkoot is committed to being an equal opportunity employer. We believe that diverse perspectives yield strong and happy teams. If you have a disability or if there is anything we can do to make you more comfortable during our recruitment process, please let us know.